Municipal Office


A plumbing permit is required for new plumbing systems, whether it's a new bathroom or the relocation of an existing one. A plumbing permit is not required for replacement or repairs of valves, faucets, fixtures and water heaters. For new buildings, the plumbing permit will be included in the main building permit. In Scugog, permits for septic systems are administered by the Region of Durham Health Department.