FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Do I have to get my cat licensed?
- Do I have to get my dog licensed?
- Do you board animals?
- How long do you keep animals?
- How many dogs am I allowed to have?
- Must I keep my dog on a leash?
- What is the role of Animal Services?
- What do I do if an animal bites me?
- Who do I call to report cruelty to animals?
- Who is responsible for picking up after dogs?
- Who removes dead animals from roadways?
MUNICIPAL LAW ENFORCEMENT
- Do I need a permit from the municipality to cut down a tree on my property?
- How can I dispute a parking ticket?
- How do I contact a Municipal Law Enforment Officer?
- How do I legally convert my basement into an apartment?
- How do I lodge a complaint?
- How do I pay my parking ticket?
- How long after a snowfall do I have to clear the snow and ice from my sidewalk?
- How many hours am I allowed to park on the street?
- I want to ride my ATV in the park. Is this allowed?
- I would like to lodge a complaint against my neighbour who is contravening a By-Law. Can I remain anonymous?
- Is it legal for an unlicensed vehicle to be parked in a driveway?
- Is there a By-Law that regulates the number of days that garbage cans and recycling boxes can sit at the curb?
- My landlord has turned off the heat and it is cold outside. What can I do?
- My neighbours are parking their car on the grass in front of their house. Is this allowed?
- My neighbour and I cannot agree on a fence between our shared property line. What can I do?
- What can be done about loud music or barking dogs?
- What gives a Municipal Law Enforcement Officer the right to go onto my property without my consent?
- Where do I go for a Pool Permit?
- I would like to become a taxi driver, what are the requirements?
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION