Township of Scugog Employment Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in the Township of Scugog. The Township currently has the following opportunities, details of the posting follow.
2014 Municipal Election
At this time we do not anticipate hiring any external employees for the 2014 Municipal Election as the process for the Vote-by-Mail system is completed by municipal employees.
Part Time Animal Control Assistant
Hours: Saturday and Sunday 8:30am – 12pm. Monday 9am – 5pm and filling in for staff when required and possible after hour emergency calls.
Under the direction of the Manager, your responsibilities will include the care, feeding and medical needs of the animals housed at the shelter as well as maintaining proper shelter hygiene and providing administrative and customer support, reception duties, maintain records, filing systems and daily cash transactions. The ability to maintain confidentiality of all information provided and good oral and written communication skills are essential. Knowledge of Uxbridge and Scugog areas would be beneficial. Animal care experience is required and the ability to work as part of a member of team is a must. This position involves heavy lifting and assisting in the humane capture, handling and restraint of wild and domestic animals, including sick and injured, both in the shelter and assisting on field calls when required.
To meet the demands of this position you will require the following:
- valid driver’s licence and clean abstract;
- Word processing skills and software applications such as Microsoft Office and Word Perfect
- Animal care experience – preferably in a commercial/public environment
- strong interpersonal skills
- experience working with the public
- Post Secondary Education in a Veterinary Assistant/Veterinary Technician Program would be an asset
Resumes will be accepted until August 15th, 2014 at 4:30 pm and can be mailed or dropped off at: Uxbridge – Scugog Animal Control Centre, Attention Victoria McWhirter, 1360 Reach Street, Port Perry, ON, L9L 1B2 Phone 905-985-9547 Fax 905-985-2015, or by email at email@example.com.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To print a copy of this posting click the following link - Part Time Animal Control Assistant Posting.
Student Employment Opportunity - Concession Booth Staff
The Township of Scugog has an employment opportunity for students available from September 2014 to April 2015 within the Community Services Department.
Reporting to the Manager of Recreation and Culture, this position will be responsible for:
- Serving patrons in a pleasant and professional manner, following health and safety requirements for safe handling of food and beverages;
- Operation of all food service equipment;
- Daily food preparation, cash handling, inventory control;
- Daily and continuous cleaning of concession booth and equipment;
- Daily restocking of merchandise;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Candidates must be at least 15 years of age;
- Good work ethic and self motivated with the ability to work without close supervision;
- Organized and able to take on a variety of tasks
- Strong Customer Service skills and ability to work well with the public;
- Previous experience working in a food handling environment is an asset;
- Police Reference Check – satisfactory to the Township of Scugog.
Please submit your resume addressed to Lisa Fitton, Executive Assistant to the CAO, Township of Scugog, 181 Perry St., PO Box 780, Port Perry, ON L9L 1A7. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 905-985-9914. Consideration will only be given to resumes received by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, August 15, 2014
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information will be used to determine eligibility for potential employment and is pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The Township of Scugog is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition, accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
To print the above opportunity click on the following link Concession Booth Staff Posting.