Township of Scugog Employment Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in the Township of Scugog. The Township currently has the following opportunities, details of the posting follow.
2014 Municipal Election
At this time we do not anticipate hiring any external employees for the 2014 Municipal Election as the process for the Vote-by-Mail system is completed by municipal employees.
Temporary Full-Time Arena Attendant
(C.U.P.E. Local 1785-01)
$25.12 per hour
COMMUNITY SERVICES DEPARTMENT
Reporting to the Manager of Recreation and Culture and under the direction of the Lead Hand, the incumbent will:
- Provide operational and maintenance services for the Scugog Community Recreation Centre and all associated equipment
- Perform ice making and resurfacing duties
- As required, supervise part-time workers and event staff
- Assemble and disassemble event related equipment and custodial duties in all areas of the Centre
- Liaison with and assist the general public and user groups as required
- Assist in facility maintenance and complete and maintain all necessary records and logs
- Ensure operational equipment is inspected and meets all government regulations i.e.: Ministry of Labour, Ministry of Transportation and Health and Safety regulations
- Ensure facilities are safe and healthy for public use.
Required experience and education will include:
- Grade 12 education
- Class “G” Drivers licence with a good driving record
- Operating experience of an Olympia ice re-surfacer
- Experience working with HVAC systems, carpentry, plumbing, electrical and refrigeration equipment
- General knowledge of cleaning chemicals (WHMIS)
- Current CPR/First Aid certification.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to work independently and follow instructions
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with other staff members, management staff and the general public
- Ability to lead and direct others
- Must be physically fit to perform required job duties.
Note: This is a Temporary 40 hour work week where shift work including weekends is required. Contract length is approximately six months beginning in October 2014.
Please submit a detailed application outlining current experience, background and education. The application must be received in writing to the Human Resources Department, no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, September 5, 2014. Replies should be addressed to Lisa Fitton, Administrative Assistant to the CAO.
The Township of Scugog is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition, accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).