Township of Scugog Employment Opportunities
SUMMER PLANNING STUDENT JOB OPPORTUNITY
The Township of Scugog is seeking a highly motivated and energetic individual to fill our Planning Student position. This position reports directly to the Director of Community Services working in consultation with the Planning Technicians.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for:
- Updating of Heritage Register;
- Preparation of guidelines for renovations of contributing and non-contributing buildings in the Heritage Conservation District;
- Updating of photo inventory for Main Central Area;
- Preparation of Scugog “Community Profile” based on most recent Statistics Canada data and Transportation for Tomorrow Survey data;
- Inputting of planning information into Land Manager database;
- Data entry of archived planning applications into property database;
- Assist with the distribution of public notices;
- Assist with the maintenance of departmental filing systems; and,
- Conduct planning-related research and analysis.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a returning Urban/Regional Planning student in a program recognized by the Canadian Institute of Planners;
- Hold a valid Ontario Class G driver’s license and have access to a reliable vehicle for business purposes;
- Computer skills in word processing and data management, preferably with Microsoft Office products, and with Geographical Information Systems in an ESRI environment;
- Ability to work safely and adhere to procedures and policies;
- Demonstrate the ability to: communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; organize their workload; work independently; be flexible and able to work in a team environment;
- Customer service and interpersonal skills, time management skills;
- Ability to exercise sound judgement, problem solving and common sense in responding to an issue or proposal; and,
- Ability to discretely handle sensitive and confidential information.
Please submit a detailed application addressed to Lisa Fitton, Executive Assistant to the CAO, Township of Scugog, 181 Perry St., PO Box 780, Port Perry, ON L9L 1A7. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 905-985-9914. Consideration will only be given to resumes received by 4:30 p.m. on Monday, April 21, 2014. For a pdf copy of the Summer Planning Student job posting click here.
The Township of Scugog is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition, accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).