MUNICIPAL LICENSING INFORMATION
The Township of Scugog Business Licensing By-Law Number 135-05 regulates the following businesses within the Township:
Click to view the Business Licensing By-law.
Fees: up to $210.00
Fees: up to $255.00/vehicle
Clothing Donation Box:
All business licence holders must comply with all pertinent provisions of the Business Licensing By-Law, in addition but not limited to the Zoning, Noise, Public Nuisance, and Sign By-Laws.
Failing to obtain a Licence or failing to comply with the provisions of the Licensing By-Law may result in charges being laid and fines of up to $5,000.00 and revocation of the licence.
All Kennels must be established and operated within the provisions of the Zoning By-Law and Kennel By-Law.
Any person wishing to operate a Kennel within the Township of Scugog must first obtain a Kennel Licence in accordance with the Kennel By-Law.
In addition to the completion of the written application form, the applicant must submit the following:
- site plan drawn to scale;
- Boarding and Breeding Kennels fees: $200.00
- Private Kennel fees: $150.00
- Boarding – shall mean a Kennel where a maximum of forty (40) dogs are boarded and shall include a Doggy Day Care and Doggy Spa.
- Breeding – shall mean a Kennel for the generating of offspring resulting in a strain of related dogs similar in type and use
- Private – shall mean a Kennel of not more than eight (8) dogs, all owned by the applicant.