Fees and Charges
The fees and charges By-Law is set to recover costs providing various services. Fees and charges assist in covering all or a portion of the cost of delivering customer specific services therefore alleviating the financial impact on tax and user rate payers. Section 391 of the Municipal Act, 2001, as amended, authorizes a municipality to enact by-laws to impose fees and/or charges for services or activities provided or carried out by or on behalf of any other municipality or local board and; for the use of its property including property under its control.
Township of Scugog Fees and Charges
- Schedule A – Corporate Services Department
- Schedule B – Finance Department
- Schedule C – Development Services Department
- Schedule D – Development Services Department – Sign Fees
- Schedule E – Public Works and Infrastructure Department
- Schedule F – Community Services Department – Recreation and Culture
- Schedule G – Fire and Emergency Services Department
- Schedule H – Canada Day
Township of Scugog Building and Planning Permit Fees
In addition, Section 69(1) of the Planning Act R.S.O. 1990, Chapter P.13 provides that a municipality may establish a tariff of fees for the processing of applications.