Crossing Guard Appreciation Week: June 5 to 9, 2023
The Township of Scugog is encouraging residents to show their support and appreciation for our neighbourhood Crossing Guards during Crossing Guard Appreciation Week: June 5 to 9, 2023.
Help us recognize individuals across our community whose assistance helps young residents with their safe daily commutes to and from school.
To learn more about becoming a Crossing Guard in the Township of Scugog, visit our employment page.
Quick Facts/Fun Facts
- The Township of Scugog is currently looking to fill positions for Crossing Guards.
- The Township of Scugog currently employs 10 crossing guards and one spare. We require 13 crossing guards and three spares to have all locations covered.
- As of January 1, 2016, all vehicles and cyclists are required by the Ontario Highway Traffic Act to stop and wait until children and Crossing Guards have cleared the entire roadway at school crossings before proceeding.
- Support your local School Crossing Guards by:
- Stop when a School Crossing Guard raises his or her stop sign.
- Take notice of whether a Guard is on duty and slow down when approaching school crossing locations.
- Obey the law. Remain stopped until all children AND the Guard have completely exited the roadway.
- Proceed with caution – obey posted speed limits, and observe all NO Stopping and NO Parking signs – park in designated areas only.