Water Street Rehabilitation Set to Start August 2024
The Township plans to start the rehabilitation of Water Street (from Scugog Street to Queen Street) on August 12, 2024. The scope of work for the Water Street project will include:
- Removing the existing asphalt
- Repairing the granular base
- Repairing the sidewalk and curb
- Repaving the road
- Constructing a new sidewalk on the east side between Mary Street and Queen Street
- Converting the angled parking to parallel parking to make space for the new sidewalk
During construction vehicle and pedestrian access will be maintained to all businesses and parking lots, whenever possible. There may be short periods of time when vehicle access is not available.
Construction is expected to begin the first week of August 2024 and be completed by the end of November 2024.
We thank you for your patience during the construction. We understand that the work is disruptive and we will make every effort to complete the work as quickly and efficiently as possible.
For general roads inquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org To report an issue after hours, please call 905-434-2173.