The 2016 Weight Restriction Season for ALL Township of Scugog roads will begin Monday, February 29, 2016 and will end on approximately Friday, May 13, 2016. The actual end date will be determined following reviews of road and weather conditions periodically toward the end of the weight restriction season.
The weight restriction is five (5) tonnes per axle, with no exceptions.
The Township of Scugog will be re-initiating our mechanical brushing program along the Township's road allowances. Mechanical brushing provides improved:
- Site lines by removing vegetation, trees and brush for the driving public at intersections, curves, hills and other danger areas;
- Clearances for larger vehicles that may cause damage to school buses, farm equipment and commercial vehicles;
- Snow storage area adjacent to the road and reduces drifting
- Winter driving surfaces by opening up the overhead tree canopy and roadside accesses for sunlight to reach the road surface to promote melting of snow/ice pack conditions;
- Public Safety.
The mechanical brushing will start in the southwest quadrant of the Township and continue throughout the Township. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Durham Workforce Authority (DWA) has partnered with the Region of Durham, Economic Development and Durham College to conduct an Employer Survey in North Durham.
This Employer Survey will be used to measure the demand for workers, as well as understanding what education, training, and skills are needed.
Employers are asked questions relating to the size of their workforce; future plans to expand or downsize, the challenges employers face when recruiting new employees; the availability of skilled workers in their area and the type of skills that they think are needed in their workforce.
The Employer Survey is available online at:
Please take a moment to complete this important survey. We need to compile data in order to assist with our skills shortages in North Durham. You may also have a representative from the Durham Workforce Authority visit your place of business in the coming weeks as well!
The Township of Scugog launching a new eProcurement Tool!
The Township of Scugog is pleased to announce that we will be launching our fully-integrated online eProcurement tool that will allow vendors to view, register and submit bids entirely online in one quick, easy and convenient location.
We invite you to attend our upcoming online webinar where we will provide a hands-on live demonstration of the new tool. You will learn how to:
- Navigate through the software
- Submit and withdraw a bid online
- Explore the vendor dashboard
- Manage your bid history
Highlights of the online e-procurement tool for the vendor are:
- No more late bids - always online, always accessible
- No more calculation errors - all calculations are done automatically
- No more locked down documents – Bidders can preview bid documents prior to registering
- No more non-compliant bids – built in bid compliancy checker for 100% compliant bids
- No more constraint - self serve tool allows bidders the flexibility to modify and withdraw bids in advance of the closing time and date from the comfort of their own computers, from anywhere in the world
We value your time and appreciate your participation. Your Feedback is important to us and we hope to see you there!
Date: February 25, 2016
Time: 12:00 - 1:00 pm
Location: http://esolutionsgroup.adobeconnect.com/r3z9kwamejn/ Conference Number(s): 1-866-721-5495 Participant Code: 5673590#
To RSVP, please click here: http://isurvey3.esolutionsgroup.ca/TakeSurvey.aspx?SurveyID=72MH8o7
Please be advised that By-law 61-15 adopting Official Plan Amendment No. 5, the Port Perry Secondary Plan, to the Township of Scugog Official Plan, was passed by the Council of the Corporation of the Township of Scugog on the 2nd day of November, 2015.
The link below contains the complete notice and Official Plan Amendment.
Official Plan Amendment No. 5 (Port Perry Secondary Plan)
The Council of the Corporation of the Township of Scugog passed By-law Number 78-15 on the 14th day of December, 2015, the purpose of the amending by-law is to correct minor technical errors that have since the new comprehensive Zoning By-law was approved by Council in March, 2015.
The link below contains the full notice and complete Zoning By-law 78-15.
Zoning By-law 78-15
As of December 7, 2015, 2016 burn permits can be purchased from the Township of Scugog Fire Department. Burn permits cost $25.00.
Burning Within the Township of Scugog
Revised 2016 Council Schedule
Effective January, Council will be going back to the General Purpose & Administration (GPA) and Council structure.
The Township of Scugog hosted a Public Information Session regarding the Broadband (Internet) Project for Scugog Island on Thursday, November 26th at 7:00 p.m. in Council Chambers (181 Perry St., Port Perry).
A presentation was provided and may be viewed here
The Council of the Township of Scugog and the Region of Durham will hold a joint public information meeting to provide interested parties the opportunity to make comments, identify issues and provide additional information relative to the subject applications submitted by Canterbury Land Development Corporation for the lands know as Former Canterbury Common Golf Course:
– Plan of Subdivision Application – S-S-2015-02
– Scugog Official Plan Amendment Application – SOP/02/2015
– Zoning By-law Amendment Application – Z/07/2015
Please click the link below for complete meeting notice.
Notice of Complete Applications & Public Information Meeting – Canterbury Land Development Corporation
Public Information Meeting Agenda – December 7, 2015