Commercial Fill Operations
A commercial fill operation is a large site alteration, such as:
- Placing or dumping fill for commercial benefit or gain, whether for the owner or occupier of the land or for a third party (includes placing or dumping fill for compensation paid to the owner or occupier of the land or a third party, whether or not the compensation is the sole reason for the placing or dumping of the fill)
- Placing or dumping fill for a commercial purpose
- More than 10,000 m3 of fill being placed or dumped within a 12-month period
- Placing or dumping fill taken from more than one source site when there is no Fill Management Plan in effect
- Placing or dumping fill generated as a function of a waste soil treatment and/or remediation facility, whether or not the facility is operated under an Environmental Compliance Approval issued by the Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change.
The Township of Scugog only allows commercial fill operations under Section 3.01 of the Site Alteration By-law.