Heritage Conservation District
The Township of Scugog's Heritage Conservation District (HCD) is in downtown Port Perry. There are shops and restaurants in the HCD for both residents and visitors to enjoy.
The area includes contributing and non-contributing buildings. Contributing buildings are buildings that contribute to the character of the District and/or are historically, architecturally or culturally significant. Non-contributing buildings are buildings that do not contribute to the character of the District and are not historically, architecturally or culturally significant.
View a map of the HCD.
Why do we have a Heritage Conservation District?
The purpose of the downtown Port Perry HCD is to:
- Protect and promote the cultural and commercial history of the area
- Protect and promote contributing heritage buildings and their unique features
- Ensure new designs or buildings add to the historical features of the area
- Protect and promote the area as a public space with a historic pedestrian-friendly environment
- Increase awareness of the area's cultural value
View the Downtown Port Perry Heritage Conservation District Plan to learn more.
Council passed a by-law to Create the Downtown Port Perry Heritage Conservation District, By-law 91-10