General Open Air Fire Permits will not be issued to properties located within the Port Perry Urban area, a hamlet or a residential cluster.
General burning shall not be started earlier than one-half hour before sunrise and must be extinguished one-half hour before sunset.
General open air burning is for burning brush and wood. General open air burn sites must:
- Be a maximum of 1 m³ (3ft by 3ft by 3ft) in size.
- Be at least 15 m (50 ft) away from any structure, trailer, tent, flammable source, overhead wire, fence lines, trees, brush piles, property lines or combustible material of any nature whatsoever that could be ignited by flame, sparks or heat radiating from said fire.
- Be at least 15 m (50 ft) away from flammable vegetation in all directions.
- Have a means to extinguish the fire.
- Be attended by a capable adult at all times.