The Township of Scugog By-law Enforcement Office ensures that parking regulations are met, according to the Scugog Traffic By-law. If you have a parking complaint or concern, please fill out our online form at By-law Complaint Form.
Winter Parking Reminders
To ensure roads are cleared as quickly and efficiently as possible, please be advised that:
- Parking is not allowed on Township roads from November 1 to April 15 between 2 a.m. and 6 a.m.
- Parked vehicles are subject to ticketing and towing
Did you know?
No vehicle can be parked on any street in the Township of Scugog for more than three (3) hours unless otherwise posted.
Common parking violations
The most common parking violations in our community include:
- Parking in fire routes
- Parking without a valid accessible parking permit
- Parking for more than three (3) hours on any street
- Parking on streets between 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m., November 1 to April 15 (Winter Parking)
- Parking or stopping in a prohibited area (marked by No Parking/Stopping signs)
- Stopping and interfering with snow removal services
- Stopping on a sidewalk
- Parking within three (3) metres of a fire hydrant
- Parking within ten (10) metres of an intersection
- Parking on or over a boulevard
If you receive a parking ticket, you can choose to make a voluntary payment or arrange for an Early Resolution Hearing.
You can make a voluntary payment by cheque, payable to the Township of Scugog, or online through paytickets.ca (see instructions on the back of the ticket). Cheque payments can be dropped off at the Township or sent by mail to:
The Township of Scugog 181 Perry Street P.O. Box 780 Port Perry, ON L9L 1A7
Please remember to write the ticket number on your cheque. You can also make a voluntary payment by debit, cash or cheque in person at the Municipal Offices located at:
181 Perry Street Port Perry, ON L9L 1A7
Please bring your parking ticket with you.
Early Resolution Hearing
To schedule an early resolution appointment, you must first complete the Early Resolution Form. All Early Resolution Hearings take place on Wednesdays between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. (by appointment only). You can schedule your appointment via email by forwarding the Early Resolution Form to email@example.com or by calling 905-985-7346 and speaking with a staff member.
Municipal Office Hours of Operation:
Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
View a map of parking lots in the downtown Port Perry area.