Skip to main content Skip to footer

Livestock Claims

The Wildlife Damage Compensation Program has replaced the Livestock, Poultry and Honey Bee Protection Act. The program provides compensation for any livestock or poultry killed or injured by coyotes, wolves, wild dogs or other wildlife. 

How to make a claim 

The Ontario Wildlife Damage Compensation Program aims to make claims more efficient and accessible to farmers and their Municipalities. 

According to the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs, livestock and poultry owners making a claim for compensation must provide the following documents to their livestock investigator: 

  • Social Insurance Number (SIN) 
  • Premises ID number 
  • Farm Business Registration Number 

All claims are subject to the Livestock Investigator's Inspection and Report and any claims for damages should be promptly directed to the Township of Scugog Livestock Investigator, Gerald Whitfield, at 905-985-7614. 

Income Taxes 

You will need to include an AGR-1 Tax Form with the total dollar amount of claims for the year with your Income Tax Return. The Township of Scugog provides you with this form, if you've received compensation during the current tax year. 


This website uses cookies to enhance usability and provide you with a more personal experience. By using this website, you agree to our use of cookies as explained in our Privacy Policy.