View the list of:
Candidate Information Hub
Persons elected to office during the 2022 Municipal Election were elected for a period commencing November 15, 2022 until November 14, 2026.
Who can be a Candidate?
A person is entitled to be a candidate for mayor or councillor if he or she:
Is a resident of the Township of Scugog, or an owner or tenant of land in the Township of Scugog, or the spouse of such an owner or tenant;
- Is a Canadian citizen;
- Is at least 18 years old; and
- Is not legally prohibited from voting
Who cannot be a Candidate?
- An employee of the municipality unless they take an unpaid leave of absence beginning the day they are nominated and resign if elected to the office
- A judge of any court
- A member of the Provincial Legislature, the Federal House of Commons or Senate who has not resigned from their office by the close of nominations. Proof of resignation must be provided by the close of nominations or the Clerk will not certify the nomination
A candidate who failed to file the necessary financial statement(s) in the last municipal election or by-election.
- Township of Scugog 2022 Municipal Election - Candidates Handbook
- 2022 Candidates' Guide - Ontario Municipal Council and School Board Elections
*Note: if the documents do not open, go to your downloads folder. The pdf document can be found there, by sorting by the most current date modified.
Use of Corporate Resources for Election Purposes Policy