Energy Management Plan
The Township of Scugog promotes a clean and green community! We are continuously working towards mitigating costs and reducing energy consumption through increasing education, awareness, and understanding of energy management.
The main goals of our Energy Conservation and Demand Plan include:
- The creation of a culture of conservation within the Township will serve to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and ensure the wise use of resources
- Fiscal accountability through savings and cost avoidance will lead to both direct and indirect savings
- Demonstrate leadership within the Township and community as to the commitment to energy management and investigation of new and emerging technology
- Demonstrate sound operating and maintenance practices to complement the energy efficiencies implemented through the capital asset renewal program
- Provide a forum for discussion within the Township on energy management issues to be able to explore new ideas and trends